The [.h-endpoint-link]/quote[.h-endpoint-link] endpoint contains some additional fields which are not included in a submission:
- Quote [.h-code]status[.h-code] describes the state of the quote object.
- The [.h-code]status_reasons[.h-code] object explains why a quote is referred, declined, or unsupported. The [.h-code]source[.h-code] field differentiates between a Carrier reason and a sanitized Herald reason.
- The [.h-code]prices[.h-code] object describes the total premium (before taxes and fees).
- The [.h-code]naic_code[.h-code] is assigned by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and identifies the licensed and authorized insurance company for your quoted policy. The field is [.h-code]null[.h-code] if this information is not available.
- The [.h-code]portal_link[.h-code] is a hyperlink that routes the user to the institution’s portal. The field is NULL if not available.
You can get quote details by retrieving any individual quote, using [.h-code]GET[.h-code] [.h-endpoint]/quotes/:id[.h-endpoint]. Quotes can have the following statuses:
A quote can differ from the submission that created it in a few ways:
- Additional coverage values. Quotes may have additional coverage values that you did not include in the submission. This happens because either Herald provided a default request value or because the quote contains a coverage parameter specific to that product. We outline our default request values in the appendix.
- Different coverage values. Institutions have different appetites and sets of coverage options. As a result a quote may have a different coverage value than the requested value. Note that this phenomenon is also true for the default request values we outline in the appendix. For any product, we make sure you get the closest coverage values to the ones requested. For example, while we default the requested deductible to zero, institutions may increase this deductible under certain circumstances.
- Fewer risk values. Risk values can apply to some products but not others. As a result, quotes only include the relevant subset of risk values from the values in the submission.